Thursday, March 24, 2011

Bath Salts are the New Cocaine

Timesleader.com – A couple hallucinating from bath salts nearly cut their 5-year-old daughter with the knives they were using to stab “the 90 people living in the walls” of their apartment, police said. Robert Hospodar, 29, and Amber Sutton, 26, of Luzerne Avenue, were charged with disorderly conduct and endangering the welfare of children. Sutton also was charged with criminal mischief.  West Pittston Patrolman Leonard Lombardo said he responded to the couple’s apartment at 3:19 a.m. Saturday “for a report of 90 people living in the walls.” He met Hospodar and Sutton and their daughter and said the adults were holding knives and other knives were on the floor. Hospodar and Sutton “exhibited extremely paranoid behavior,” said Lombardo in the affidavit of probable cause to support the charges filed against them. Each said the other was on bath salts, according to the affidavit. “They were pulling drywall off the walls and sticking their heads in the walls describing the people in which they claimed they saw. They were plunging knives in to the holes in the walls attempting to stab the people,” according to the affidavit.

I thought my mom was being an over protective mom. "Don't snort bath salts." She said this when I was at home for spring break. I had no idea my mom was on the cutting edge of what the new drugs are. She warned me about "Whipping It" i.e. breathing in the air from whip cream bottles. I was in high school, figured she saw it on the news. But warning a college kid about a new drug craze before they know about it is like warning Chad Ochocinco about the NFL strike while he's already at tryouts for the MLS. I should of been like "No shit ma, the lavender ones give you a mellow body high while the vanilla gives you more of a head high that makes you think a lot." But no, she knows this shit before me and I thought she was just fucking nuts. Mom-1 Son-0.

No comments:

Post a Comment