Thursday, April 7, 2011

And I Thought Montgoris Was Bad

The Ram - Health department inspectors cited health violations at four of Fordham’s Sodexo dining facilities during a March 21 examination. The New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene discovered health code infractions at the Student Deli, Millennium Grille, Ramskeller and Marketplace. The inspections unearthed evidence of mice, roaches and improper storage of food, shortcomings that placed Fordham eateries in the lowest grade bracket. The Department of Health utilizes a grading system based on points earned by each infraction, where each violation amasses more points and lowers an establishment’s grade. Restaurants scoring between 0-13 are awarded an A, while a restaurant earning between 14-27 points is classified as a B. If an establishment receives marks exceeding 27, the restaurant is given a C. With final grades still pending, the Student Deli received a score of 53, the Millennium Grille a 47 and the Ramskeller a 30, with the Health Department classifying any score above 28 as unsatisfactory. The health inspector cited critical violations in the Student Deli, including “evidence of mice or live mice present in facility’s food and/or non-food areas.” According to Brian Poteat, general manager of Food Services, the inspector discovered mouse “excretra or droppings in his report.” The inspection also uncovered that the Deli was neither vermin-proof nor was food properly stored to protect against contamination. The inspector also discovered the presence of live roaches on the premises, which earned the Deli another critical violation. The Millennium Grille was also cited for evidence of mice, along with critical violations for not storing hot food items above 140 degrees Fahrenheit and cold food items below 41 degrees Fahrenheit, the minimum required temperatures for these items. “The city violations recognized that foods ([hot sausage] and sliced cheddar cheese and sliced tomatoes-cold) were not out of temperature for more than two hours,” Poteat stated. ”I went to the Grille and got a salad,” Michelle FlorCruz, FCRH ’12, said. “I found a full grasshopper the size of my thumb in the middle of it.” Katie Finnegan, FCRH ’13, recalls watching her friend Michael Cattermole, FCRH ’13, discover a plastic nail in a hamburger from the caf when opening the burger to add condiments. One Ram staffer uncovered a blue push pin in a chocolate chip muffin. In contrast to Fordham’s on-campus locations, the White Castle on Fordham Road received zero violation points in its 2010 inspection.

Wow. Glad St.John's gave me more funding than Fordham or I would of been eating fake fingernails, grasshoppers and push pins. 53? Really? There was a place around here that had mold, food kept at bad temperatures, dirty employees, probably food that fell on the floor being served and they got like a 30. Fordham must have a cock-a-mouse or something to get a 53.

If I got a muffin at St.John's and it had a sharp metal object in it I would make sure it cut my mouth and sue the shit out of them. Tell them I'm scared of muffins now and need therapy and surgery. This is how people make millions, fingers in chili, rats and screws in cans of energy drinks and soda.

The big story here is that there is a White Castle anywhere with no health violations. I have seen some shit in White Castles. I fully expect them to be the dirtiest places where food is kept.

No comments:

Post a Comment