Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Most Adorable Luggage Ever


ArbroathA first-class passenger has been arrested at a Thai airport after being found carrying suitcases filled with baby leopards, panthers, a bear and monkeys. The animals had been drugged and were headed for Dubai. The man, a 36-year-old United Arab Emirates citizen, was waiting to check in for his flight at Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi international airport when he was apprehended by undercover anti-trafficking officers who had been monitoring him since his black-market purchase of the rare and endangered animals, according to the Freeland Foundation, an anti-trafficking group based in Thailand. When authorities opened the suitcases, the animals yawned, said Steven Galster, director of Freeland, who was present during the arrest. There were two leopards, two panthers, an Asiatic black bear and two macaque monkeys – all about the size of puppies. “It looked like they had sedated the animals and had them in flat cages so they couldn’t move around much,” Galster said. Some of the animals had been placed inside canisters with air holes. Authorities have said the man was part of a trafficking network. They are searching for accomplices. “It was a very sophisticated smuggling operation. We’ve never seen one like this before,” Galster said. “The guy had a virtual zoo in his suitcases.” Thailand is a hub for illegal wildlife trafficking but authorities typically find rare turtles, tortoises, snakes and lizards that feed demand in China and Vietnam. Finding such an array of live mammals is unusual. “We haven’t seen this mixture [of animals] before,” Galster said. “It’s amazing. We were really surprised.”

This guy has the right plan. "Since I can't get monkeys or leopards or panthers or a bear here in the UAE I mind as well take them while I'm in Thailand." I mean, can you blame the guy? Growing up the only pets I had were the usual cats, hamsters, and fish. If you don't think that for one second I would of gone to Thailand and NOT stolen a monkey you are out of your fucking mind. They pretty much give them away like when cats have litters too big. I would of saved all of my money, gone to Thailand and gotten me some monkeys or leopards or panthers. And they were the size of puppies. How baller would that be? "Oh you have a pitbull? That's cute. I have panthers and leopards, get at me. Oh you still think your dog can take my pets, well what about my fucking black bear... thought so." And who among us has never wanted a pet monkey? Anyone... anyone... didn't think so. Shit I would of traded my sister for a fucking pet monkey (hell, I still would). And of course I would bring him to class and shit with me in case I got bored.

P.s. You know when security opened the bags it went from "We know something is up, check his bags." to "Holy shit that is adorable." to "Wait a minute. That's illegal.". There was definitely a moment where all the TSA agents forgot someone was in trouble and just stared at the sleeping animals and thought it was the cutest fucking thing in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment